• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need new belt.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I had a Gates belt on my 03 for 10 days and it chirped like there was a bird under the hood. I switch to a Gator Back belt and the chirp went away....and, the belt gives a little bit of a whine that kind of sounds like a gear drive. I loved it!

Did you clean the belt and pulleys before swapping it out?
They can get oil or whatever else on them during mfg, shipping, sitting on the shelf, etc.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I wouldn't necessarily recommend a Gatorback belt if you have a non-slip blower pulley.

I had one on my car for a while and yes, it makes a whistling sound which is cool at first, but it eventually becomes annoying, especially at highway speeds. I just changed to a Gates belt a couple days go and now have peace and quiet.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info