• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whipple 3.4 #'s

fastcarjoe

Regular
Mar 2, 2004
Well guys, I traded my torch red 10th vert plus some dough for an 03 silver coupe with half the miles [18K], 3.4 Whipple, built AES motor, comp cams, ported and polished heads, 26 spline input shaft, spec stage 3, solid axle with 4.10's and 31 spline axles, full exhaust, etc. etc. The car has a 6lb lower on it and a 4.0 upper, holy BOOST BATMAN. Car pegs 30-31psi on the hit and boost starts bleeding off after 4000RPM back to 25psi and holds there to redline. Car made 660/670 on 93 plus a ton of meth injection. Tuner says the inlet is the bottleneck here and the crusher upgrade would get me through the stratosphere on upper RPM hp. They have a couple crusher cars at 27psi doing 750rwhpwith similar mods as me. The car doesn't have a cage in it and no dragstrip in their right mind wouldn't kick me out after a full pass at this point. I'm thinking enough is enough guys. Whatcha guys think? I'm on Hoosier 335/35/17 drag radials and this is alot of power already. The torque is ridiculous and instant.

fastcarjoe

Regular
Mar 2, 2004
But why convert? I like being able to fill up anywhere. It did 665rwhp on race gas. The inlet is the restriction, not the fuel, timing, or tune. It just doesnt feel very restricted if you know what I mean. The torque makes up for alot of high rpm horsepower. Yes, it does use more methanol than any kit they have ever put together before. It was tuned at fastlane motorsports in North Carolina and the tune is awesome. Kudos to them.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
But why convert? I like being able to fill up anywhere. It did 665rwhp on race gas. The inlet is the restriction, not the fuel, timing, or tune. It just doesnt feel very restricted if you know what I mean. The torque makes up for alot of high rpm horsepower. Yes, it does use more methanol than any kit they have ever put together before. It was tuned at fastlane motorsports in North Carolina and the tune is awesome. Kudos to them.

My friends marauder made 751rwhp on 17psi and 91 octane through an auto ....stock inlet. Granted its a 5.3 and fully massaged, but the stock inlet.can make good power.

fastcarjoe

Regular
Mar 2, 2004
At least I have LED's in the instrument cluster verifying proper fluid level and pump operation. It doesn't shut the motor down if anything goes wrong but it gives me a fighting chance to let off. On a Kurgan race gas tune with the same pulley setup on a different dyno, it did 661/637. The numbers have to be legit. The MAF is a SCT 2400 [bottleneck], it really needs a full 5 inch inlet to feed this blower. Here is a link to some more of the details before I picked her up.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...r-18k-miles-whipple-3-4-built-bottom-etc.html

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Not no expect but my 03 with a whipple 2.3 1st gen on 17psi made 610rwhp, and 570rwtq. Has a sct maf(not sure of model #), full bassani exhaust with cats and a kb boost a pump. Stock block pulleys and on 93 pump gas no meth. Everything elso on car bone stock with 27k on block when dynoed. I would think at almost double the psi you should be around 800 whp....

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Have a look at the intake leading up to the throttle body in the above for sale link. I wonder if a combination of the in fender air filter and small MAF are what's killingy numbers, hmm..

Get rid of that fenderwell filter system! And I think Zach is saying switch because of the amount of meth it sounds like you are using.
I don't know what meth costs but it would suck to be in boost and have that thing fail. That is why I run 100 all the time no worries that way. :dunno:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
when i dynoed the car originally, it made stupid boost and fell off at the top end.. he had a standard idler and ran race gas... he was suppose to come back after changing pulleys and getting a solid idler... last i heard, it was for sale (i guess that is right since you have it now)

JimmySidecarr

Feb 6, 2005
I think you are kidding your self running this car on 93 and Meth, and it is only a matter of time before the engine is trashed

The car is currently pullied for race gas or E85 and you thinking other wise is sad. This car could be freaking off the hook and instead it's going to get blown up.

Does it still have theses mods and fuel system from the for sale thread?
If you were running race gas they would be fine for about 750 and then your injectors would be maxed out.

Engine
3.4L whipple
JLT cold intake kit
Reichard racing tensioner
Manley rods
stock crank
JE pistons + rings
60lb injectors
Twin GT pumps
sullivan performance fuel rails.

Crower cams
Spec Stg 4 clutch
JBA headers
3 inch exhaust borla mufflers
Ported heads and motor built by AES out of illinois.
upgraded HE

Electronics
MAFIA
SCT

Granatelli coils

You said you liked being able to fill up anywhere, which I understand, race gas you can't do that.
But you can almost do that with E85 and this car with these mods is begging for an E85 conversion.
There are guys on pump 93 with 2.3 blowers making more power than you, you don't think something is seriously wrong?

I would seriously think about parking this thing until you can put a strong return fuel system on it capable of feeding E85 to 900 RWHP, and get it retuned.....................DO IT RIGHT!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Without doing any math, that thing seems dangerously under fueled. I dont care if it only sees 30 psi for 1 second, that mixed with 93 and meth would seem to be a ticking time bomb. Would be curious to see if it would make it down the track for 3 or 4 full passes under load in a day

Lots of power potential here, put there are safer ways to put it down

JimmySidecarr

Feb 6, 2005
Like I said, it has been on race gas and the results were crap. I'm thinking maybe I should just swap the 6 lb lower to a 2 lb and let it ride for awhile. I did just sink 1700 bucks into it and need to time to recharge.

I would put the stock lower on it, those things make a huge amount of boost, you might just make almost the same power(or more), when it is retuned for 22 or 23 pounds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info