• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mach 460 Best way to play mp3/ipod???

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
Spent quite a while on the phone with the people at www.pie.net and then went and pulled my car out of storage to confirm that they do not make anything compatable with the 03-04 cobra mach 460 6 disk factory cd player....so either their wrong or you are...can you tell me if you did this??

Same here, was told they do not have anything for it. Even the guys from ABT said sorry, nothing for that system.. :dunno:

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Ford makes a part called TripTunes. Basically an FM Modulator but it attaches to the antenna and shuts off the frequencies you use (there are two of them available.) Since there is no outside interference the sound quality is great. It's under $50. You just have to splice into your stereo's power, mount an on/off switch which also has the 3.5mm stereo jack port, and plug the antenna in.

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005
I use the PIE adapter. It works pretty good. I think the problem with 'incompatibility' is the power source isn't there on our stereos so you have to wire it into your hard line. Don't wire the power to your foglamp switch though >< supposedly defroster is the way to go.

Only complaint I have is unrelated... I get nasty electrical noise down the line when I charge my zune or phone while I'm trying to listen to it at the same time.

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
I use the PIE adapter. It works pretty good. I think the problem with 'incompatibility' is the power source isn't there on our stereos so you have to wire it into your hard line. Don't wire the power to your foglamp switch though >< supposedly defroster is the way to go.

Only complaint I have is unrelated... I get nasty electrical noise down the line when I charge my zune or phone while I'm trying to listen to it at the same time.
In the PDF I have in my post linked above, just use ShelbyGuy's instructions for constant power.

Electrical noise sounds like a ground loop issue (i.e. use a ground loop isolator perhaps).

infidel0910

Mar 24, 2011
Go to a best buy with an audio install center, they have something that works. Dont ask me what, i had it done like a year ago in north carolina. All i know now is, i flip a switch, and listen to my iphone or radio or cd player. Sorry for being so vague but my records of the install and purchase have been lost so i cant really provide any more info than i already have. Im sure if you call best buy and talk to the audio guy who does installs there, they should be able to help. I cant remember what the exact cost was but it was over $150.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
This is retarded. The 03 unit will work with the PIE unit. Its the Machs with the SAT button that wont.

Do you want the auxillary connection or an ipod connection? Let me know and I will tell you which one to order and can help put it in.

This is not that difficult. The incompatibility is wrong. My cd changer still functions with this adapter.

This is the only unit you should look at if you want to run an aux connection to the mach. It works flawlessly in my car.

Jesus.

03GEETEE

The "2V" of Chitown
Feb 26, 2007
This is retarded. The 03 unit will work with the PIE unit. Its the Machs with the SAT button that wont.

Do you want the auxillary connection or an ipod connection? Let me know and I will tell you which one to order and can help put it in.

This is not that difficult. The incompatibility is wrong. My cd changer still functions with this adapter.

This is the only unit you should look at if you want to run an aux connection to the mach. It works flawlessly in my car.

Jesus.

Give this man a beer for this very usefull post.

JTR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info