• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

VERY cool opp at Shelbyfest 2011

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
If you've not been to Shelbyfest in Hermann, MO (last days of April), you've gotta go. 3 days, over 250 Shelbys and other Mustangs, great food, and Hermann is midwest wine country. Lots of local wineries. Beautiful place in the hills about an hour outside of St Louis.

I've convinced Justin Starkey (VMP Tuning) to bring his mobile dyno all the way from sunny FL and be part of the festivities. Now, here's why he's willing to do so:

VMP Tuning has their own spec'd version of the TVS blower that they're selling with a 2.5" and a port matched large elbow for $3499. He's already sold a pallet of these things in like 30 days. They fit 07-11 GT500s.

If he can get a few people to commit to buying some at Shelbyfest, he'll bring the mobile dyno and install the new blower and do a dyno tune on site for $4,000 cash.

I've been thinking about one, but this is gonna put me over the edge.

Anyway, he'll be installing and tuning right there on the streets of Hermann.

Checkout the event at www.shelbyfest.net. I was there for the first one a few years ago...then again last year. The pic on the website is from our first one. About 15-20 cars. Last year....nearly 250 and this year even bigger.

Come join us...we generally get a few locals here and caravan down.

And if you've ever thought about a blower upgrade, this is just nuts.

Shoot me an email if you're interested in one and I'll get Justin in touch with you.

Look forward to a better representation from our area this year!!

bj

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
That's funny....when I posted this up on the other boards I've had 3 PMs from people wanting to buy mine. (I guess she's "infamous"). I'll tell you what though....I offer to friends first, so you get first shot at it if I sell it.

bj

Excellent. I have been looking for one, and your ported one will work great for my evil plan. Thanks for the consideration, and I hope you winter is not dragging like mine is. We need another GLD track day.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
He's selling these with a port matched inlet for $3499. Install and a dyno tune on-site for $500 more? Yeah....that's a steal.

bj

I bit the bullet and sold my ported Eaton, then bolted on the VMP TVS. Looks kinda like this:

Not too shabby for a little 2.3L TVS. Line 1 is the ported Eaton, 2 is the TVS with my CJ 63.5mm TB on it and 3 is with his VMP 72mm on it.

Now I get to learn to drive all over again. Just when I had the Eaton working pretty well. I'll suffer through it.

bj

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
I bit the bullet and sold my ported Eaton, then bolted on the VMP TVS. Looks kinda like this:

Not too shabby for a little 2.3L TVS. Line 1 is the ported Eaton, 2 is the TVS with my CJ 63.5mm TB on it and 3 is with his VMP 72mm on it.

Now I get to learn to drive all over again. Just when I had the Eaton working pretty well. I'll suffer through it.

bj

Sick :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info