• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

squeak on clutch in

So for about the last two months there has been a squeak noise almost every time I push the clutch in. At first I though it was the quadrant rubbing on the two pegs it sits on so I greased it up, but it kept doing it. It was coming from around my feet/under the dash so I thought it was the quadrant. It does it when driving and shifting into every gear. The other day I turned the car off and pushed the pedal down hard and fast and there was a loud squeak from underneath the car. Today with the car off it was doing it on clutch up instead of clutch down. What could this be? Would it be the throwout bearing? Maybe clutch fork? Maybe it just needs a good spray down underneath since I do drive the car year round and there is salt all over the place now? The throwout bearing doesn't squeal or anything when the car is idling. I may hear it once every couple of weeks at idle.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
could be a couple of things.
try greasing (white grease) on the cable where it rides in the quadrant groove and check for wear there too. There can be sharp edges cutting the cable. If you find any, replace the cable and file down the quadrant.
You do have an aftermarket quadrant, right?

Could also be the TOB sliding back and forth on the guide tube on the trans.
These are the most simple thngs that come to mind without actually hearing it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list