• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I just picked up MY new cobra, i have a few questions

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
:dancenana: god i love hearing that whine. i will post some pics up after i clean it up, all that melted dirty snow doesnt look good on a white car. one thing i noticed on the ride home that i didnt before is the smell of oil in the car with the heat is on. i missed the pcv delete when i looked over the engine:mad:. it has a little filter instead of the pcv, anyways how do i get it back to stock (part numbers, etc) or how do i get rid of that smell?
100_3131.jpg

did the verts or hardtops come with SFCs? pic below, it has been so long since i put some on my old vert that i don't remember.
100_3133.jpg

i have this intake from my 99. on the other side (not in the pic) it has the screw holes for the MAF?? (is that right) to fit into. it has a long K&N filter as well, i know alot of people have the JLT intake, how is this one compared to it? it has to be better than stock right?
100_3132.jpg

a last question, who are some good, reputable tuners in the area? IIRC i should get a 2.81 or 2.76 (which one) i have a SCT handheld tuner from the old vert (i took the program off of the car before i let her go, so i should be good to go) the new car has a flowmaster catback exhaust, the intake you have seen above. anything i am missing?
thanks a ton, i feel like a NEWB but after having a couple of kids i kind of got out of the car scene and i dont know squat about the terminators.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Is that breather filter leaking oil? If so, i'd get a new one from Autozone or Napa for a couple bucks, one with a little bigger rubber connector so it wont leak again. Engine looks filthy anyways, i'd simple green it and when it''s clean make sure the oil is coming from the breather filter.

i believe verts did come from the factory with sfc's

Yes.

That old CAI looks kind of beat up, but anything is better than the stock paper filter, assuming that will work with the 03/04 cobras.

There is practically no difference in performance between the 2.81 or 2.76 pulleys, so id just get a 2.76. For tuning, id take it to Tim @ Mr Norms, where I plan on taking my car this spring. He's done a lot of members cars, and I've heard nothing but good things about him.

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
i just checked the lil filter and it isnt leaking anywhere. i take my kids for a ride in the car, or at least the last one i did and one has asthma so i really need to get rid of the fume/smell. for now i just put the climate on max A/C which gets rid of most of it. where do i hook up the catch can on the other side? does anyone have their old pcv and piping? what is the link for the mr norms place?

i finally remember on the SFCs. my 99 did have them, i put MM ones on and gave the stock ones to a guy who had a GT and wanted a little more rigidity on his car.

more questions. i read up on changing the SC oil in this how-to. is regular 10W30 OK or do you use synthetic...i don't know if the synthetic messes with seals or not. thx.

i just tried the old intake, it does have a smaller inside diameter and the sensor doesnt fit thru either...loks like JLT is in my future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info