• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

1979-04 Mustang Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit??

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Just wondering if any of you have seen this kit in use? Any thing good or bad?
Some thoughts?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...cLeod-Mustang-Hydraulic-Clutch-Conversion-Kit

hydclutch.jpg

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
It says its self adjusting.

I kinda want to do this. My car is mostly for the street with some minor visits to thhe track.

the factory setup is self-adjusting too. what is the factory cable-type setup not doing that you think a hydraulic setup would do for you?

you'll still need to set the gap between the bearing and the forks on the pressure plate. i have an early iteration of this setup on my shelby [retrofitted a tko behind an FE motor] and it's a giant asspain to get it right especially with a scattershield in the way.

but i'm conservative. unless you have a compelling need to change something, why change it? stock bowden cable works just fine for 99% of the people out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info