• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Maybe a dumb question.....Coil Overs with stock k

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
I have been running a Maximum Motor Sports Tubular K Member with A Arms and Coil overs for about 2 year now. I recently notice that some of the welds are splitting or cracking for some reason.
Any way, i plan on going back to my stock K Member and up grading the arm bushings, ball joints, and some steering rack poly bushings.
My question is can i still run my coil over setup with a stock k member and stock A arms?
I could not find any information about this kind of setup. Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
have you contacted maximum motorsports about the cracking?? first time ive heard of one failing like this. i want to go this route in the future makes me hesitant now..

mm has a ton of info on there website. went to check and it looks like you can still use the coilover kit on the stock k-member. i'd send them an e-mail to make sure, their tech support is very good...

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
have you contacted maximum motorsports about the cracking?? first time ive heard of one failing like this. i want to go this route in the future makes me hesitant now..

mm has a ton of info on there website. went to check and it looks like you can still use the coilover kit on the stock k-member. i'd send them an e-mail to make sure, their tech support is very good...

I should have given more information about the situation. I think i may have bottomed out the car at one time and chipped away some powder coat. There was a good amount of rust on the cracked welds. If i had the money I would buy it again. MM makes some very nice products. So this issue was most likely my fault. I will be placing an order with MM in about a week. Good People.

Sorry for the mix up, this is what happens when you log into ChicagoSVT at work.
Thanks for the help.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
I should have given more information about the situation. I think i may have bottomed out the car at one time and chipped away some powder coat. There was a good amount of rust on the cracked welds. If i had the money I would buy it again. MM makes some very nice products. So this issue was most likely my fault. I will be placing an order with MM in about a week. Good People.

Sorry for the mix up, this is what happens when you log into ChicagoSVT at work.
Thanks for the help.

ah ok, thanks for the added info makes a little more sense now. sorry to hear about the issue though :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info