• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2003 Cobra Inner Belt Kablooey

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
the tensioner is the same as the blower just with a smooth pulley (same as blower pulley). The smooth idlers are the same as the blower. The only one that is different is the grooved idler which I have no idea what size or part number it is. Hope this helps

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I have bunch of stock 03-04 Cobra 6-rib and 8 rib low mileage used belts in great working condition, FREE

the tensioner is the same as the blower just with a smooth pulley (same as blower pulley). The smooth idlers are the same as the blower. The only one that is different is the grooved idler which I have no idea what size or part number it is. Hope this helps

Timing cover tensioner looks the same as blower one but it has diffrent offset for the idler

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
on edit: easiest way to break the stock lower pulley loose is to beat on it with a small sledge and a big drift

spiffy. the idler pulleys are available. 2003-2004 cobra takes TWO gates#36100 grooved and one 38001 smooth idler.

i don't have a part# for the tensioner as I long since lost the box for the one i had on the shelf. motorcraft belt#2R3Z-8620-AC

belt routing goes, clockwise, from the crank dampener, up to the tensioner, back down to the a/c compressor, up under the top passenger side idler, up over the top center idler, over the driver side idler, around the power steering pump, up and around the water pump, and back around the crank dampener.

2003CobraInnerBeltRoutingDiagram.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info