• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is anyone using this clutch?

Peligro13

May 11, 2010
i heard dual clutchs are better than single but that they wear out faster, im actually going to go with the spec 3+ this spring, you can go to streetfire.net and type in cobra clutch and they have a vid about the spec stage 3+ and they explain in detail what it is all about

nickl16

Regular
Aug 29, 2007
Spec stage 3 is the way to go, I have one but don't think it is adjusted properly due to it's stiffness but it is an awesome clutch and I do daily drive the car. I drove Zack's cobra with the same clutch and that one the pedal was much softer but also still very nice and easy to drive.

04cobrawhine

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Says the stage 3 kit comes with a throw out bearing? Is that not a decent one or do you just prefer the ford racing one

the kit comes with a TOB but they are poor quality. the will start to squeek when engauged. mine started to squeek after about 500 miles. if u dont mind the extreemly anoying sound then you can use it. but IMO spend a few extra bucks and get the FRPP one. if your gonna be spending $600 +/- on a new clutch setup, spend the entra $50 for a good TOB.

ChitownSVT04

Regular
Jun 6, 2010
the kit comes with a TOB but they are poor quality. the will start to squeek when engauged. mine started to squeek after about 500 miles. if u dont mind the extreemly anoying sound then you can use it. but IMO spend a few extra bucks and get the FRPP one. if your gonna be spending $600 +/- on a new clutch setup, spend the entra $50 for a good TOB.

Ya I hear ya I'll probably ending up spending the extra money and buying the better throw out bearing then thanks for the advice I think I'm gonna lean towards the spec sounds like I can't go wrong with it

04cobrawhine

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Ya I hear ya I'll probably ending up spending the extra money and buying the better throw out bearing then thanks for the advice I think I'm gonna lean towards the spec sounds like I can't go wrong with it

no problem. And if u do go with the spec, the stage 3+ is a more street frieldly cluch over the regular stage 3. for smoother engaugments go with the stage 3+.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Another question what reasons would i need to get a 26 spline input shaft? or can I still use the stock input shaft?
You would need a 26 spline input shaft if you buy a clutch kit for 26 spline. I am running a spec 3 and LOVE IT! Also running a steel flywheel instead of the aluminum. Spec 3 came with the TOB but i went with the FRPP instead.

ChitownSVT04

Regular
Jun 6, 2010
You would need a 26 spline input shaft if you buy a clutch kit for 26 spline. I am running a spec 3 and LOVE IT! Also running a steel flywheel instead of the aluminum. Spec 3 came with the TOB but i went with the FRPP instead.

I know I would have to buy a input shaft if I bought the 26 kit my question is what is the major difference in the two and if it I could get away with a 10 spline

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I know I would have to buy a input shaft if I bought the 26 kit my question is what is the major difference in the two and if it I could get away with a 10 spline
It basically boils down to your needs and use of the car. I like the clutch I am using and the steel flywheel seems to grab pretty damn good. Clutch chatters for the first few hundred miles but now its great. I hit the track twice a year at most so the 26 spline was unnecessary for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info