• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What's a good exhaust combination?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
LTs, o/r X and a Magnaflow cat back here... quiet milling around but at WOT its pretty fucking loud. A few people here can attest.

If you want the old school sound I would do the Prochamber + MAC combo. If you want something a bit more exotic I'd do a offroad X + Bassani.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I personally wanted a bit of quiet, so I put on the FR500's.
They're dual mode mufflers, so I it's quiet while tooling around town, but when I get on it, the baffles open up and it sounds sweet.

Another benefit of dual mode mufflers is that you don't lose much low end torque like you do with regular mufflers. Of course, we're only talking about 20 ft lbs or so which is a drop in the bucket on these cars.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
LTs, o/r X and a Magnaflow cat back here... quiet milling around but at WOT its pretty fucking loud. A few people here can attest.

If you want the old school sound I would do the Prochamber + MAC combo. If you want something a bit more exotic I'd do a offroad X + Bassani.

To compliment, I had the stock 03 Cobra manifolds, UPR O/R x pipe and Magnaflow catback. The benefit of this and w/ long tubes is there is no drone. You can also hold a conversation in the car without yelling.

Again, mild at idle and loud at WOT.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En

I wouldn't do the offroad x and the Bassani, that makes it a little too loud, and in talking to the guys at Bassani they said with the high flow cats you don't really gain anything by having an offroad x

dlaude6

Regular
Mar 27, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I run high flow bassani midpipe and borla stingers. LOVE the sound.

Prior to buying my combo, I spent hours, nay, DAYS into researching, reading, and listening to videos on youtube. While the videos aren't perfect, they give you a good idea. I ended up going with a prochamber and stingers. It's absolutely beautiful. It's not obnoxious but audible at idle, and it let's people know you're around. When you step on it she purrs quite a bit louder, but with a great tone. it's the second best combination out there for these cars, IMO, with only the high flow bassani midpipe/stinger combo sounding better. They are very similar, though. if you want it a little louder go with the offroad prochamber and stingers. I wouldn't go with the offroad bassani and stingers, though, as you begin flirting with raspy. Prochamber and mac catback is...eh, OK, but it sounds restrictive and choked. Hard to explain, but it does sound good, but it's just not my personal preference. It's really all a matter of what you want to hear. If possible, hear them in person. if that's not, youtube is the next best thing.

Here are a couple vids of what mine sounds like.

get a little bit towards the end

take off

drive by...stupid passing car ha

and here's one from inside...though the top was down and I didn't get on it too deep into 2nd. Not a bad interior note, though, with the top up on a long cruise on the expressway. from inside

yeah as you can mos def tell I don't have a great video of what it sounds like from the outside, but a few decent videos ha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info