• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra got totaled, need info on terminators

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
like the title says, my 99 vert got hit by a taxi and totaled. i got 15K for it which i was kind of surprised by but happy for it. i am going to get a 03 or 04 cobra vert hopefully with low miles. other than knowing the terminators were SC'd and would beat me at the track:( i dont know much about them. what are common breakdowns with them? what should i look for? i know a pulley, intake, exhaust and a chipp are the common mods. will that get it around 400-450rwhp with a conservative tune? anything else that you can think of to help me pick up a decent one is appreciated.
tony

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
2.76, CAI, Cat Back and a Tune will usually net around 450rwhp/490rwtq if you make sure to toss on an Aux. Idler as well.

Common problems tend to include gernading the diff cover, busting half shafts, the "tick", throw out bearings going bad, clutch needing adjustment... thats about it honestly. Everyone has their own odds and ends problems, but for a stock or near stock car these things are pretty bullet proof long as you have a good tune and don't wheel hop the shit out of the car.

If you're getting a Vert the first mod needs to be FLSFCs

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
2.76, CAI, Cat Back and a Tune will usually net around 450rwhp/490rwtq if you make sure to toss on an Aux. Idler as well.

Common problems tend to include gernading the diff cover, busting half shafts, the "tick", throw out bearings going bad, clutch needing adjustment... thats about it honestly. Everyone has their own odds and ends problems, but for a stock or near stock car these things are pretty bullet proof long as you have a good tune and don't wheel hop the shit out of the car.

If you're getting a Vert the first mod needs to be FLSFCs

that about sums it all up lol. make sure 3rd and 4th gear dont grind as well.

alwaysready

Regular
Oct 8, 2008
ya really who do you have and how was the process of getting the $$$
sont have anything to add dbesides whats above mines been great and like they say they were built for this kind of power its not like your doubling the power like in a fox body and waiting for the trans to go LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info