• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

FML. P0606 - what do?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
Can someone with the diagnostic manual tell me which pins I need to test on the pcm, ccrm, and fpdm?

Car cranks but has no fuel pressure. Threw code P0606. I have not tried re-flashing the tune yet.

On the premise that the pcm shat itself, how big of a bitch is it to swap out? Do I need to schlep the car up to the dealership for reprogramming? How about the keys/alarm fobs?

Battery had died, I jump-started the car and it was idling fine. I go to drive it around to charge up the battery and as soon as I tried to move, the car died. Key on, engine off, would show 19psi on the fuel pressure gauge before. Now I get 0psi on the gauge. I cleared the code and it hasn't returned, but the car only cranks and doesn't fire. Fml; I can't afford this shit right now.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
This probably doesn't help much, but I found this:

P0606 - Powertrain Control Module Internal Communication Error

P0606 indicates a register readback (PCM internal communications) error. Damaged PCM

For Electronic Throttle Control applications, an internal PCM failure, or an ETC system FMEM condition exists. Repairing the other DTCs can fix the P0606. For all others, an internal PCM concern may be present. For both applications if only DTC P0606 is present, clear the DTCs. Repeat the self-test. Repair as necessary. If DTC P0606 is retrieved again, install a new PCM.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
None of the fuses in the box by the shock tower were blown. Also, my Xcal 1 refuses to flash a new tune into the pcm. I tried. The odometer still shows the correct mileage as opposed to showing --------- and the theft light doesn't flash. I just get no fuel pressure and it sure seems like the pcm isn't telling the ccrm to tell the fpdm to turn the pumps on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ShelbyGuy
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list