• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Want to go turbo over winter

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
What kind of power are you looking for? Are you concerned more with 1/4 mile times of just having a ballsy street car? Want to stay with the stock motor or beef up the short block? Pump Gas, Race Gas, E85? What is your budget? Prefer twins or a single? Want to keep the stock K member or are you fine with ditching it?

There are lots of questions you need to ask yourself before throwing money at this sort of thing.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
The Hellion kit can sometimes stall on you due to the smaller charge piping and non-blow-through MAF. My last Cobra had a custom Hellion kit with larger piping and a blow-through MAF from Jon Lund......car never stalled once.

Plus the Turbonetics turbos that Hellion uses are not the greatest. My car had their crap 76mm Turbonetics removed, and a much more efficient and quality Precision 76gts was used instead. The Precision is not known to blow the oil seal like the Turbonetics, and it will make more power at the same psi then the Turbonetics.

So theres my .02. Call Hellion and ask them to use the Precision instead of the Turbonetics, then get the larger charge pipes and blow-through MAF from Lund Performance and you will have 700 rwhp on 17 psi and pump gas.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Looking to make 700-800 hp and want to hit mid 10s on race gas and prefer single turbo

You better go a hell of a lot faster than mid 10's with 700-800 rwhp! In fact you should go a lot faster than mid 10's with that much power at the crank!

Some guys are going that fast or faster with small twin screws and full weight with a solid rear.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
You better go a hell of a lot faster than mid 10's with 700-800 rwhp! In fact you should go a lot faster than mid 10's with that much power at the crank!

Some guys are going that fast or faster with small twin screws and full weight with a solid rear.
+1.

Based on the thread title though, I figured the OP really wanted a turbo to be part of his setup. However, if mid 10's are the main thing he REALLY wants, then yes there are proven ways of getting there that are much easier (and cheaper).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info