• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Chunky Shifting update.

tigercrazi

Jul 19, 2010
I brought my car to the Ford dealer to have my 2nd gear issue checked out. I found out that there was damage to the trans. The dealer wanted to replace first and second gears, plus the syncros. The problem is there is a national back order on these parts, so they had to get Fords OK to put in a NEW trans, which Ford did. So, anyone having issues with hard shifting or grinding of 2nd gear, it looks like it is a common problem with these cars and I don't think Ford is going to issue a recall, so you better take your car in before your warranty expires.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If they don't install the revised clutch as part of the TSB, damage to the trans will occur again as the clutch is the defect in causing the issue.

Drew did my TSB at his place, and mine works better than perfect. The new clutch pressure is so light, you could blow on the pedal and it engages. Drew you did a great job man, there are so many horror stories about having this TSB done and with you I had no worries. Thanks again man.

Brian, you need to check out my clutch now. You may not need an auto because the push is almost nothing. Its lighter than my C6 clutch was, and that was the lightest clutch I have ever driven....until now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info