• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trans lock out problems

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I started having a similar problem once I pullied the car. It shifted fine stock, but with the extra power, it wouldn't go into gear at high RPM's and the clutch wouldn't engage smoothly.

The trick for me was to stay on the gas a little bit to keep the RPM's from falling when shifting. That solved the problem for me. It's a PITA though since I sometimes forget.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The syncros are the weak part of these transmissions. Even Tremec will admit that.
Above 5500 or so, they just don't work.
Luckily you have several options, problem is all but one is expensive.
The cheap one is to just replace the stock linkage with something that can adjust the clutch properly so the issues realted to that can be eliminated and then just ignore the occassional grind when power shifting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info