• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The #'s are finally in!!!!

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Well as some of you already know, I decided to ditch the KB 2.8H and go for a single turbo. I traded with SONICSALEEN, he got my 2.8 and I got his turbo. When I originally had the car tuned with the 2.8 and 6 speed it made 662rwhp w/24psi, then I decided to put an auto in and it made 584rwhp w/24psi (with a very loose converter). Many people say I am crazy for not sticking with that setup for very long, never even took it to the track... So now I have the turbo all installed and got it tuned by Kurgan the other day. Well I am very pleased with the results, it made 630rwhp w/21psi, with the same converter as before, which is even more loose now than before. Bob figures once the converter is tightened up I should be around 660rwhp. I had Bob tune it on e-85 because I was tired of paying so much for 100 and tired of driving to find it too. The car is a blast to drive and drives way better with the turbo than the blower. Thanks Bob for a great tune, and thanks Hans for getting me in to wrap up the loose ends I couldn't get done myself... I am definately a TURBO fo life person now...

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
It is a 76mm, the spool time is pretty good, full boost by about 4000rpm's....

Here is a list of everything from the previous owner...

Hellion 76 Single turbo with upgraded Piping
Turbo has 3k miles on it.

upgraded Precision 76 GTS Hellion turbo kit.
-Converted Blow through maf designed by Jon Lund built by Evolutions
performance
-upgraded 3.5" piping (2.5" standard)
-Larger intercooler able to push over 1050RWHP
-JGS BOV
-BLITZ electronic Boost controller(black).
-HPX Sensor/Mafia

blow through maf/larger intercooler/larger piping/blow off valve/upgraded precision 76gts turbo with a .81 AR for faster spool up($5,000 in upgrades in addition to the standard Hellion kit). Car just put down 651rwhp/669RWTQ on a mustang dyno @ 16 PSI!!!This kit is a modified Hellion kit with a 4" downpipe into dual 3" exhaust.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
Thats awesome news! It sure as hell sounds like a jet taking off once the turbo hits full boost, doesn't it? Funny, but I hardly ever had the stereo on when it was still in my car because I loved hearing the turbo spool and seeing everyone else's reactions on the road to hearing it. It was crazy fast in my car, I hope someday I can get a ride in your car to see what its like in your car with the auto.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info