• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pulley swap questions?!

Its time to swap stock pulley for a 2.8, and i need some help, i know everyone just says drop it off a Kurgan and they do great work but i am sort of on somewhat of a budget, for now i just want to swap the blower pulley with a 2.8 and buy the shorter serpentine belt for less belt slip, but the question come in when deciding how to tune it, can i simply but an SCT and plug it in and answer the questions or does the car need to be proffesionally tuned by a shop? thanks guys

04cobrawhine

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
I used the diablosport "box tune" for my 2.76 pulley that they say is safe for 12-14 lbs of boost. Long story short, the electrode of cylinder 2 spark plug ended up getting welded to the top of the pison, messing up a lot on the way there. plus a hand held tuner is around $350 depending what you get and a full tune is maybe $500 depending where you go. spend the extra 150 and save yourself several thousand later.

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
NEVER run the stock idler pullies with an after market blower pully. They will grenade on you. You can run the stock belt size with a 2.8 upper if you use Billet Flow 4pc idler set. If you do get this the 90mm pully goes on top because if you try to use the 100mm like the old instructions on the website say, your pullies will make contact.

garvin86

Apr 11, 2010
yes you have to change the idlers either way with the pulley swap to save them from destructing, and yes you can do the pulley yourself without a dyno tune, just go through a reputable shop "like kurgan" and get a mail order tune, that is what i've been running on my gt500, got the upper pulley with a mail order tune through evolution performance and it runs great, ran it all summer. but agian for you just swap over to the NGK plugs swap out your idlers, get the tune and good to go, its a nice starter for mods

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info