• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Indoor winter storage tips

Cobratron

Regular
Jun 1, 2009
All right I know this has been posted time and time again, but I went through the old searches and wanted to hear some fresh opinions.

For the past 3 years I've stored my car. Here's the super exciting video of how I store the car. the car never sees rain or snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0eSdAQqn0Q

Now that I'm married and new bills are stacking up I decided to stop storing the car in this garage and save $500/year.

So now I'm going to store it at my house in the garage. I keep reading that starting your car every week or 2 weeks till the engine gets warm is not a good thing to do.

My plan is to
1) start it once ever week or 2 and then take it out whenever the roads were clear of snow/salt
2) put the car cover on there, do a oil change, and get a batter tender

that's it.....any tips would be appreciated it! thx

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Park car in garage. Start car every few weeks/months, whatever through winter. Change Oil. Take car out of garage, get new gas and drive.

Ive winter stored the car for the last 6 winters and have never even put a battery tender on it. I would try to have it started every two weeks, but sometimes it would go months without being started. Never had a problem. I used to be more anal about it, but I slowly realized its a Mustang, this isnt rocket science and its not a race car.

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
Never had a problem with the older foxes...trickle the battery very month or two, inflate the tires a lot and put a car cover on it...if it's in heated garage you're lucky if not you better pray the weather doesn't go warm cold warm...this climate messes with cars...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info