• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Spark plug gap question

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
i can tell you from dyno testing plug gaps, that most cars make more power with a smaller gap, then a larger gap... there is a CLEANER spark and less chance for misfire under WOT... we personally run my gap at .018 on my race car at 23psi

on 03/04 cobras, i recommend .025-.028

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
I have a ported 2.93/4# and have had BR7EFS gaped at 0.028" since 2006 and it seems to run good. At times I feel like it might be missing slightly at idle, but if it even is, its almost unnoticeable. I gaped them at 0.028" based on forum recommendations, but them when I had Herman tune the car he suggested 0.032". But since it seemed to run fine at 0.028", I just left it. I may go a little smaller next time I change the plugs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info