• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Prototype idler and pulley design on my car.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I let my car be a test car for a local speed shop looking to reengineer those same old GT500 parts to work and fit better. Here are a few pics of the new adjustable idler design. It actually bolts to the blower instead of below it using the bottom left two blower snout bolts. And its adjustable. Any questions, ask here. The pulley is also a custom made 2.6 steel pulley, that was bolted to the shaft. The blower shaft was cross drilled and the pulley hub pressed on with a key added to completely prevent slippage. The pulley itself is similar to the metco and can be swapped out very easy. Coming soon is a completely revised and engineered from scratch nose drive assembly using a 2.2 pulley. Not machined stock parts like steggy does.

75fc6f5e.jpg

d8b5071f.jpg

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
Oh yeah he does but I had everything he sold dam near when I first found his shop 3 years ago. Hell I ordered my exhaust from him and then a few months later won my class at his car show/open house and won any cat back that jba made. Now thats a hell of a prize for a car show! He does have a nice machine shop and really good prices as a rule.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info