• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Good to meet you at Byron today. @Jiggy 1

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Sorry I took the scenic route and made it up there late. Just ran the DA and adjusted numbers. Yeah...hot, humid, low barometer....a hat trick. DA was over 2300ft! My 11.20 @123 computed out to [email protected]

That last run was proof positive of the science that's built into these cars. 100mph in the 1/8 and timing pulled so hard that it only did 118 at the 1/4!! On race gas!

Even that Challenger was losing a ton of power. His runs just got worse and worse. NICE car though.

Again, thanks for hooking me up with shade....a cold water....and a jump! (Freakin battery is SHOT after 4 years!!)

bj

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Hey Bob. It was on the return road ;)
Right lane 99.54 at 12:23pm 1/4 was 123.90 11.28 1.68
Right lane 97.86 at 12:58pm 1/4 was 121.33 11.38 1.65 no doubt heat soak
Left lane 99.66 at 2:18pm 1/4 was 118.78 11.34 1.72 spun on launch.
Pulled timing up top.
So, interestingly the left was 3-5mph off from the right. That was after 1:20 cool down. But I also added a little timing mid and top since it had cooled and I was running 104. Apparently it didn't like it and yanked it. Since that was the last pass I bumped my launch up a tick to about 5,000 even and it spun a touch before catching it. But, big power in the 1/8 before the heat zombies came around.

Didn't see you out there today. Were you lurking about??

bj

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Hey Bob. It was on the return road ;)
Right lane 99.54 at 12:23pm 1/4 was 123.90 11.28 1.68
Right lane 97.86 at 12:58pm 1/4 was 121.33 11.38 1.65 no doubt heat soak
Left lane 99.66 at 2:18pm 1/4 was 118.78 11.34 1.72 spun on launch.
Pulled timing up top.
So, interestingly the left was 3-5mph off from the right. That was after 1:20 cool down. But I also added a little timing mid and top since it had cooled and I was running 104. Apparently it didn't like it and yanked it. Since that was the last pass I bumped my launch up a tick to about 5,000 even and it spun a touch before catching it. But, big power in the 1/8 before the heat zombies came around.

Didn't see you out there today. Were you lurking about??

bj

i wasnt out at the track today, we were out there yesterday with 3 grudge cars... As far as lurking, i only live 2 miles from the dragstrip and my shop is even closer LOL..

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
btw, i meant the left lane "1/8th mile" mph is 3-5 more then the right TYPICALLY... ive gone 145 at the 1/8th in the left and only 142 in the right... and ive NEVER gone faster then 142 ANYWHERE!! Again, just an FYI

Got it. Yeah...dunno if I was seeing that today with those numbers I showed you. But....whatever the case, I wasn't wanting to hammer on it too hard today with the weather.

Never visited your establishment, but I'd heard you can pretty much walk the dog and be at the strip. Convenient! I don't get out there often, but next time you're around and if you see my big old fat Ford around, come over and wake me from my nap. (Getting old sucks. Not getting old sucks worse!)

54 tomorrow!

I have your number in my phone for the day when I puke a bunch of parts at the line. It's gonna happen. I just don't know when.

bj

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Good to meet you too BJ. We all had a blast. Not to mention, on 39n on the way home we all had a chance to do some roll races. I think they got a few on video, and I know they got our runs from Byron on tape. I will try to get links for you soon. We got to do this again soon. Maybe in a few weekends from now, GLD this time?

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Good to meet you too BJ. We all had a blast. Not to mention, on 39n on the way home we all had a chance to do some roll races. I think they got a few on video, and I know they got our runs from Byron on tape. I will try to get links for you soon. We got to do this again soon. Maybe in a few weekends from now, GLD this time?

Cool. Send away. Can't wait to see.

Maybe they caught the one where they can see the look on my face when my a/f gauge popped out into my lap!!

bj

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info