• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

04 cobra trans problems

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005
I have an 04 cobra with 5200 miles on and when I shift to second and third at high rpms in ethier grinds or grinds a bit and let's me in and the clutch is fully engaged but shifts fine and smooth on normal driving anyone else have this problem before and if so what to do to correct it and the car is completely stock thanks

From your description most likely the 3rd gear Syncro its cracked.

Bob 86

Dec 3, 2007
I just went through this with my 04. Did the quadrant, adjuster, free play spring, and shifter, still same problem. I ended up having the trans front cover with the throw out bearing tube & throw out bearing replaced under warranty. Now it shifts great. Turns out the throw out bearing was binding on the tube and not fully releasing the clutch. Especially above 3500 rpm.

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005
When I had an 04 GT and the syncros went out it wouldn't even let me third this time it grinds every so often and then other times it'll go in smooth at high rpms

I just don’t think its your clutch cause its only 5k on it.

T3650 5 speed Trans Syncro Assembly much weaker setup. The T56 Syncro Assembly setup it will take more pounding & the reason I believe it was going in gear the 3rd/4th Sleeve wasn’t cracked. In high RPM the Syncro it will expand that way it will slightly grind depends how pad it is. That’s just from my experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info