• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drag wheels/tires

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
The Diamond Racing Wheels (Joe Lynch Specials) will certainly fit as they were designed for the 03-04 Cobra.

The Weld wheels that Dana is selling in the For Sale section will also work. You'll need to ask him if he needed to modify anything to make them work.

Why are they called Joe Lynch Specials? I dont see them on the diamond racing website? They sell them directly or though distributors? Im at work and am not really suppose to be surfing the web. You mind linking me to a pic of them on a cobra?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Why are they called Joe Lynch Specials? I dont see them on the diamond racing website? They sell them directly or though distributors? Im at work and am not really suppose to be surfing the web. You mind linking me to a pic of them on a cobra?
If you call them and ask for them (or the 03-04 Specific rims) they'll know what you want.

Apparently a guy named "Joe Lynch" approached them many years ago and asked them to mfr. a rim that would work specifically for an 03-04 IRS Cobra (since apparently there were no options at the time). They did and those rims are the result.

Call them direct if you want a set. You'll also need to get the matching lugs from them that go with the rims.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
They look like this: i am the only poor guy running them still.

IMG_0890copy-vi-1.jpg

trans011.jpg

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Do you know how wide?

I have the stock gear. Do you suggest a slick or ET street, and why? Do you think I can safely run either and not have to worry about breaking anything?
I used a 26x11.5x16 ET Street with good success. I'd suggest the same for you. They fit right under there and will give you all the traction you could ever need at your current power level.

Victor (flatliner) can give you some tips on launching and keeping the IRS alive with those tires, but there's no guarantees with the stock IRS. :)

They look alot nicer on Jimmy's car (Black with 28 inch tires), but here's how they look with the tire I suggested:

launchingatbyronmed.jpg

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
Those are Diamond wheels on your car too? I dont have to worry about rubbing the fender with the 11.5"? Do you have another other pics that would show what they look like in relation to the fender, how far the sit in or stick out?

Couple questions about those tires:
1) Do you run a tube?
2) Is it safe to make a 80 mile trip to the tack on them, or should I put them on after I get there?
3) What tire pressure do you run?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Those are Diamond wheels on your car too? I dont have to worry about rubbing the fender with the 11.5"? Do you have another other pics that would show what they look like in relation to the fender, how far the sit in or stick out?

Couple questions about those tires:
1) Do you run a tube?
2) Is it safe to make a 80 mile trip to the tack on them, or should I put them on after I get there?
3) What tire pressure do you run?

1) Most don't, even though they techincally require them
2) You can do either, most swap wheels at the track. My car rides on ET Streets full-time
3) I usually run 14-15 psi, some go lower, some higher. What works best isn't always the same for all vehicles, but 15# is a good starting point.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
14 psi

Don't drive on them just in case u get something in a tire. But that is ur option. I swap them when I get there.

I can measure how wide those slicks are.

Like larry said 28" tire and stock gear was not working for me. I went solid and have a 3.73 now. Once in the car I will see how the 28's do.

Put air bags in the rear. I ran them when I had the irs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info