• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Where to buy 160* thermostat?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Dan do you not listen to me when I speak? LOL

Dude Zack I went to napa like you told me to do, they don't have anything lower than a 180! He looked it up on the computer and said they don't offer anything at 160 degree. And I even went and looked at the thermostat from Lethal that you mentioned that was suppose to be cream of the crop but it's $50 man! Not payin that for a thermostat.

No one seems to stock these. Not even Van Senus! WTF.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
the newer EFI cars have so many adders/subtractors based on ECT, its not even funny.. hell, half the OEM setups wont even go into base fuel table until 180+ degrees... if it were a pure race car, i would understand.. there is no power to be gained by running a 160 stat, but it would certainly cause headaches with drivability/tuning etc.. I PERSONALLY would stick with a 180.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well, I sorta accomplished the task.
Im pretty sure the new Reische design involves splitting the TStat and welding it back together after the 170 spring is in.
I was able to open the spring up and coil it around the center section...but the spring was deformed a bit.
Im gonna verify its function on the stove when I get home.

Id bet a regular Stant Replacement with 1 or 2 Holes drilled in it would be just as good.

the newer EFI cars have so many adders/subtractors based on ECT, its not even funny.. hell, half the OEM setups wont even go into base fuel table until 180+ degrees... if it were a pure race car, i would understand.. there is no power to be gained by running a 160 stat, but it would certainly cause headaches with drivability/tuning etc.. I PERSONALLY would stick with a 180.

I gave him same advice...........

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info