• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

rack and pinion

ron

Regular
Apr 4, 2009
My rack and pinion started making a creeking sound when I turn my steering wheel back and forth slow at a stop . I can see the rack and pinion unit move alittle on the two studs with nuts that hold it on .Could the bushing be bad the car has 24000 miles its a 03 cobra power steering fuild is full and looks clean any help or ideas wood be great thank you Ron

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
My rack and pinion started making a creeking sound when I turn my steering wheel back and forth slow at a stop . I can see the rack and pinion unit move alittle on the two studs with nuts that hold it on .Could the bushing be bad the car has 24000 miles its a 03 cobra power steering fuild is full and looks clean

you may want to have someone move the wheel slightly back and forth to create the noise and place your hand on the outer tie rod end joints. the grease inside can dry up and cause this type of noise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info