• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help!!!??

Venmos03

Dec 2, 2009
I have a problem w/ my 03' vert, hopefully I can get some help. What happened is: after ripping it from a stop, I went to shift to 2nd gear and it wouldnt shift. I tried putting the car in nuetral to stop, and it wouldn't even shift to neutral. I then was pushed to the side of the street. when the car is off i can shift into all 6 gears and reverse smoothly. When the car is started in neutral and I try to shift into 1st, it will not budge. I try to force into 1st and the car starts to roll a bit. If i start the car in first gear WITH THE CLUTCH PRESSED ALL THE WAY DOWN, it flies forward as if i wasnt applying the clutch. I know its not the cable because I replaced it today... Any help/advise would be much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I have a problem w/ my 03' vert, hopefully I can get some help. What happened is: after ripping it from a stop, I went to shift to 2nd gear and it wouldnt shift. I tried putting the car in nuetral to stop, and it wouldn't even shift to neutral. I then was pushed to the side of the street. when the car is off i can shift into all 6 gears and reverse smoothly. When the car is started in neutral and I try to shift into 1st, it will not budge. I try to force into 1st and the car starts to roll a bit. If i start the car in first gear WITH THE CLUTCH PRESSED ALL THE WAY DOWN, it flies forward as if i wasnt applying the clutch. I know its not the cable because I replaced it today... Any help/advise would be much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

the clutch cable is miss adjusted. just putting your foot behind the clutch pedal and pull it forward. If that isn't it, then you blew the clutch out (sounds more like a broken clutch)

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

That's called a glazed donut. Your clutch has failed and fused itself to the flywheel from the symptoms you describe. Especially when the car jerks on startup main syptom.

You will need a new clutch and more than likely a new flywheel! The clutch got so hot when it fused itself to the flywheel and 99% of the time it warps the flywheel.

Sorry for the bad news and good luck. Upgrade to centerforce dfx, buy a new oem flywheel and 26 spline input shaft and you're set.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
If the clutch really is fused to the flywheel, would he still be able to depress the clutch?

Yes

but,
even though the fused clutch is a good theory, I would still wait until it was inspected before saying that is for sure what is wrong with it.

There are several other possibilities that could cause the same problem, the clutch failing to release.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info