• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Problem with my 03 cobra

SONIC MIKE

Sep 17, 2007
I went to byron saturday and made my first pass everything okay. Second pass bring the rpm's up to 4k go to take off a bam motor shuts off. Blew the fuel rail sensor. Get home put my buddys FRS on starts up blowing dark smoke and let it run. Change the plugs fires up and running smooth for like five minutes and starts acting up and dies wont start again? Could there be something else that screwed up besides the FRS. Your help would be very helpfull!!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
air, fuel, spark

Air - Make sure your intake tract is all in place and connected from filter to throttle body

Fuel - since you already changed FPRS, make sure that the fuel cut off didn't activate it, if I remember correctly it's in the trunk underneath the rear interior panel, drivers side I think

Spark - make sure all the coils are snapped in

Last, when you blow the FPRS, you should change oil, fuel gets in there

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Double checked the intake side,coil packs, can here fuel pumps running,going to go get oil & filter just wanna know if anything else bad to blow those sensors I do have B.A.P.

This could do it too... check your power wire to the BAP, if they are not soldered, I have seen the come loose, happened to me once, thank God on the driveway and not on the road. Even though the quick connectors look connected, the wire may slide out. If this the issue get it soldered so it don't happen again.

I new it was fuel related, because when I turned my key, no pressure would show on my fuel pressure gauge (aftermarket gauge). Once corrected no issues, but it did do exactly what you described.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SONIC MIKE
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list