• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

drag radials

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
These are the ones that I am running Mickey Thompson 305/35/18 ET street radial and a lot of guys put them on the stock wheels they are a hair shorter than the factory tires. I am not a huge fan of Nitto's but the new NT05R are getting great reviews from guys that have bought them and they come in the factory size if you dont want to go wider. Welcome to the site by the way.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
what drag radials have you used and which do you perfer, and whats the largest that can fit the 9.5 rim on the gt500?

Nittos will give you the best mileage because they're hard and suck on the track.

I ran Mickey 305/35/18s for a season and could cut 1.60's with them at Byron with good prep. About 18psi and work your way down. NO less than 14. No sidewall, so they either hook or don't.

bj

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Nittos will give you the best mileage because they're hard and suck on the track.

I ran Mickey 305/35/18s for a season and could cut 1.60's with them at Byron with good prep. About 18psi and work your way down. NO less than 14. No sidewall, so they either hook or don't.

bj

Ya know, way back in them there early 02-06's I got my ass handed to me from plenty of Cobra's with Nittos, AND after having 2 sets of BFG's and, and 2 sets of MT's, I found that my favorite tire to RACE on is the Bias Ply ET Street and THEN the NITTO's were the best on the road and at 14lbs BIT like MOFKR. I even snapped my axle on them tires. It all depends on how well the track is that day, you just have to know how much to heat them. It seemed like to me anyway.

I'm going to try the ONLY Nittos that fits and I think it's the NT05 and see what happens. So far. My Super cars are getting old.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Ya know, way back in them there early 02-06's I got my ass handed to me from plenty of Cobra's with Nittos, AND after having 2 sets of BFG's and, and 2 sets of MT's, I found that my favorite tire to RACE on is the Bias Ply ET Street and THEN the NITTO's were the best on the road and at 14lbs BIT like MOFKR. I even snapped my axle on them tires. It all depends on how well the track is that day, you just have to know how much to heat them. It seemed like to me anyway.

I'm going to try the ONLY Nittos that fits and I think it's the NT05 and see what happens. So far. My Super cars are getting old.

Wow! WAY back then??!! :eek:

I'll be curious to see what the compound acts like on the NT05.

bj

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Then how would you hook up? My car is literally dangerous right now with 1/2 worn F1's. I have to find a place with a 30 day guarantee so I can get them off there if they don't work.

Dennis. I would still trade you mine for yours, mine only haveing a few thousand miles on them and have 8/10ths of the tread atleast left. I dont care if they are blad. I would also throw in some cash to sweeten the deal. Let me know if you are serious. I dont think you are, but you never know.

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info