• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whats a Good Clutch and aluminum or steel flywheel ???

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Car sees occassional track but mostly street i have centerforce dfx with 26 spline thinking about trying a different clutch any suggestions ???:dancenana:

I had spec3+ and I now have the centrforce dfx . IMO the centerforce is a better all around clutch, less chatter less slip same torque specs. Just better street manners.

Unless u go twinn disc just stick with centerforce. And stay away from aluminum flywheels they are good for fast revving but they also make the Rpms fall between shifts like a ton of bricks.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I've always had good luck with the DFX, but it's not for everybody (from a street manners standpoint).

I've always run a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel and the lighter rotational mass (vs. a steel flywheel) has never given me any issues with the rpms dropping between shifts or being able to launch hard.

sonic02gt

Kona Blue shelby
Sep 18, 2005
I've always had good luck with the DFX, but it's not for everybody (from a street manners standpoint).

I've always run a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel and the lighter rotational mass (vs. a steel flywheel) has never given me any issues with the rpms dropping between shifts or being able to launch hard.

thanks for the input guys guess i should stick with the dfx :dancenana:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info