• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

FRPS Issues

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I seem to be killing those things, no matter what and it is really killing the "cobra experience" for me. No matter how I get off of the gas, and if I shift lower in the RPMs I keep blowing the damn frps.
So, my question is what can I do to fix this, and not worry about blowing another sensor. I know that some people get the KB disc, but it seems to have mixed reults...
Does return style fuel system eliminate the FRPS?

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
should not be maxing anything out... I have removed the FRPP, and am running KB BAP & 60lbs injectors. Car has 4 lbs lower & 2.8 upper & home port job.
Bob tuned the car, and it runs pretty strong.
I guess I need to bug him again, as I've heard that they got some good deals on return style fuel systems. Not sure what else I would need though? Just the line & fuel pressure regulator & retune?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Sorry, meant are you maxing out your stock pumps, if you are still on stock ones, and you are running higher fp. what power are you putting down with your current setup? I'm guessing between the higher fp ran and the pprv delete it is causing to much of a spike, that is causing the frps to blow. here's a link on some good info on the kb disc, and people who share the issue. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/281209-frps.html

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
should not be maxing anything out... I have removed the FRPP, and am running KB BAP & 60lbs injectors. Car has 4 lbs lower & 2.8 upper & home port job.
Bob tuned the car, and it runs pretty strong.
I guess I need to bug him again, as I've heard that they got some good deals on return style fuel systems. Not sure what else I would need though? Just the line & fuel pressure regulator & retune?

do you have the BAP wired full time or on a hobbs switch?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info