• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Wierd thing happened 2 days ago

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I had the Cobra in the neighbors garage for the last month. Before I took it there I returned it to stock so Dennis could get his X3 back.
So I programmed another device with the Dyno tune file and started programming it.....then the battery DIED halfway through... FUDGE!

I put a battery charger on it and went back yesterday.
Plugged the X2 in and it wouldnt power up...WTF, dead device? Nope, worked fine in the Marauder.

Funny thing was, when I turned the ignition on, the fan was running full speed (like it does when you are loading a tune)
Anyway, the fuse that powers the OBDII port had blown. As soon as I replaced it, the tune loaded fine and away I went.

I thought this was a little odd that the fuse blew, thoughts?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
When battery's get low and you are trying to control certain items, it can cause an amperage spike due to the voltage fluctuation of a dying battery. We see alot of weird things happen to cars at the dealer with low battery voltage car's. I have had accesory's turn on randomly, light's start flashing, relay's start clicking crazily. It's caused by backfeed and almost a retarded command by the pcm due to low voltage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Zack
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list