• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anyone have a Spec 3 clutch?

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
Stan , i got one in my car its the 3+..i had the regular 3 and it chattered like an old lady and i switched to the 3+ when i went 26 spline

if the weather gets nice you can drive it or talk to Jon..he drove it so he can tell you how it was

the 3+ chattered a little in the break in but is now very nice.

its paired with a spec billett aluminum flyweel too:D

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
Stan , i got one in my car its the 3+..i had the regular 3 and it chattered like an old lady and i switched to the 3+ when i went 26 spline

if the weather gets nice you can drive it or talk to Jon..he drove it so he can tell you how it was

the 3+ chattered a little in the break in but is now very nice.

its paired with a spec billett aluminum flyweel too:D
Thanks Dave. I did move your car one of the nights we were down at the WholeFoods. I didn't get to move it far but it did feel ok. The deal I found was with the billet flywheel too. I would give most people shit about not driving their cars but yours I have enough respect for that I wouldn't pull it out in this either.

I'm not sure if it's the 3 or the 3+ but for the deal I'm getting I shouldn't complain and just deal with it. I guess a little chatter is better than the leg press I have in my car now.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks Dave. I did move your car one of the nights we were down at the WholeFoods. I didn't get to move it far but it did feel ok. The deal I found was with the billet flywheel too. I would give most people shit about not driving their cars but yours I have enough respect for that I wouldn't pull it out in this either.

I'm not sure if it's the 3 or the 3+ but for the deal I'm getting I shouldn't complain and just deal with it. I guess a little chatter is better than the leg press I have in my car now.

haha. the 3 was a good clutch but it would chatter more than i liked..not to the point you wouldnt want to drive it..just didnt fit my style. i like being able to come off the clutch at low rpms and just go.. with the 3 you'd have to keep the revs up for it to engage smooth . the 3+ will come off idle almost without chatter but from time to time it will chatter:dunno:

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I know it's not exactly the same, but I have a friend with the 3 in his LT1 Z. It chattered during break in, but after a couple hundred miles, it stopped. I loved driving his car with that clutch. It had such a great pedal feel compared to my other friend's Centerforce.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info