• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

High Mileage SVTF?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
i would look for leaking coolant around by the thermostat...i guess thats a normal problem...happened to mine at 72,xxx also check cluch and other normal things..i would recommend having it checked out at a ford dealer prior to buying

also ask on here for a car fax and maybe an oasis to find out more about the vehicle history.

for a daily i am so happy i got an svtf. I was lucky enough to have bought it from a really nice guy on this forum

macdiesel

Apr 17, 2007
Might want to inquire about the timing belt. Manual stated to replace belt at 120k but many change around 100k due to the interference engine.

Also check out the exhaust manifold. It hangs low in the front and gets dented really easy.

Thermostat housing like WhtSuperStang said. The housing can leak without leaving a puddle, just check below the housing on the transmission. Might see coolant stains.

Clutch master cylinder's fail allot on these cars. Its on top of the clutch pedal. Feel up there/behind clutch pedal for fluid. Also ask if clutch was replaced.

Premature clutch failure was common and there was a TSB under warranty. Early symptoms are throw-out bearing noise.

These are great little cars. I didn't know about any of these problems when I bought my car and have had little problems. These seem to be what other owners report. Good luck on your purchase.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
i would look for leaking coolant around by the thermostat...i guess thats a normal problem...happened to mine at 72,xxx also check cluch and other normal things..i would recommend having it checked out at a ford dealer prior to buying

also ask on here for a car fax and maybe an oasis to find out more about the vehicle history.

for a daily i am so happy i got an svtf. I was lucky enough to have bought it from a really nice guy on this forum

Thanks Chris I try lol. Hey at least you dont have to worry about the timing belt in that thing.

But one of the most common things on this car was the clutch/flywheel problem. on the early 02 models the flywheel bolts would back out and mess up the clutch there is a tsb on it.

All the other stuff is kinda small annoying things that happen over time. but the motors are outstanding in these cars they can take alot.

CrawlnSVT

Oct 16, 2004
Holy crap that's my car I traded it in six months ago the car was driven by the porter for a very short time I got the car new with 70 miles on it and is very well maintianed the clutch is brand new as are the front struts all fluids flushed brakes have maybe 15k with new front rotors!!! I had the car till I think 112k maybe more but it's ALL highway miles and not beat at all in fact I wish I still had it where did you see it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info