• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Question on Vacuum/Boost Gauge

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Just installed my Boost gauge, and I am not sure how to accurately read it.

It's a mechanical Autometer Vacuum/Boost gauge reading up to 30 PSI and 30 In.HG.

When I start the car, it reads on about 15-20in.HG. I hit the gas, and it goes to 10 PSI, and no further. My stock boost gauge buries and goes about 3/4 of an inch past 10 PSI.

What is your opinion guys?

PS- Buying an Electrical Gauge is not an option at this point. Bad gauge, vacuum leak, etc?

Thanks!

-Chris

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Could be a bad gauge, could be a bad bypass valve on the eaton (or mis-adjusted)

With my power level and the 2.76 PSI, I am pretty sure I am making more than 10 PSI.

OR you could be making 10 psi!

check and make sure that shitty line is not kinked anywhere

The line was kinked, but I cut it and re-connected it. From what we can see, it is not kinked anywhere. I'll check the lines on the Eaton and the Bypass Valve.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
i only made 457. that is with stage 4 port. i need a lower. I only made 13.28 psi on the dyno

I have the stage 4 port 2.76 upper 4lb lower and I made 210rwhp and 235rwtq @ 3lbs on 1 pull but was maxing out my stock injectors.. Once I get the 60lbrs we can turn it up again.. I think I am just at 190-200 now with it on a safe tune... I dont remember the belt size but it was slightly smaller than the Cobra Bob website recommended..

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I have the stage 4 port 2.76 upper 4lb lower and I made 510rwhp and 535rwtq @ 18lbs on 1 pull but was maxing out my stock injectors.. Once I get the 60lbrs we can turn it up again.. I think I am just at 490-500 now with it on a safe tune... I dont remember the belt size but it was slightly smaller than the Cobra Bob website recommended..

yeah i did not know i should get a lower when i did it:-o

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info