• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Got Issues Again :/

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Took the car out for a spin yesterday, to get some dust off of it and clean out the pipes. Didn't get on it much, but once on the way to the store. No issues at all. Got out of the store, started it up and started driving home. Leaving from the stop light car just bucked like crazy on me. It would just fall on it's face for a second and then buck like wild.
So after a few episodes of this I figured that it only happens when I start seeing boost. As soon as the car would go into boost it would completely fall on it's face.
I pull out the Xcal & datalog & I see that FRP is around ~16 psi and as soon as I give it gas it would srop down to 0. I threw a p0148 code (severely restricted fuel line, filter, etc). I have just recently done a PPRV delete and changed out the filter as well....SO, I am thinking that it is the FRPS. I order a new one, install it and same problem is still there. Same readings, and even while at IDLE, when revving it up, - if I floor it it just dies out on me.

Any ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I just got in a brand new FPRS this morning. Exact same readings. :/ I am really starting to think that maybe one of the fuel hoses (from the PPRV delete) either kinked or could be busted again.
What is my FRP supposed to be at at idle? Because even at idle it is idling rough and fuel pressure fluctuates between 11-16 psi...
I am just so dreading dropping a full tank of fuel again. Pull all the fuel out, drop it, .. blah blah blah blah blah... and I put less than 500 miles on the car this year.
Really thinking about selling it.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
thanks for the info. I did not use worm clamp. I used ones like in the pic below. I am just a bit curious now what is causing those extreme pressures. Not sure if you remember my previous post where I straight up blew up the original hoses that connect PPRV to the pumps.
I figured that FRPS failed & computer ramped up the pumps thinking that the pressure is actually low. This time FRPS did not go bad at all. (I guess at least now I have a spare FRPS in the car).
Werd....
Either way I will be putting on a whipple in the spring and then get Bob to retune it. Might as well swing for the Fore hat & GT Pumps while I am at it just so I do not have to worry about it anymore.
[Media]http://commonwealthinc.ca.c9.previewyoursite.com/ESW/Images/2123_fuel_line_clamps.jpg[/Media]

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
carnage from the last time...

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03763.jpg
[/QUOTE]

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
I took it out after the first time it happened. Ordered the PPRV delete kit from Lethal & installed it. I tried looking for the hose locally but nobody had it in stock - so I just got it from lethal.

Now, this is 2nd time I had to drop the tank for this issue. I am going to get the KB disc for the meantime - hopefully save me a few $$$ on the FRPSs.... The worst of all is that I seem spending more time turning the wrench on this thing than actually driving it. I've put less than 500 miles on this thing this year.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I took it out after the first time it happened. Ordered the PPRV delete kit from Lethal & installed it. I tried looking for the hose locally but nobody had it in stock - so I just got it from lethal.

Now, this is 2nd time I had to drop the tank for this issue. I am going to get the KB disc for the meantime - hopefully save me a few $$$ on the FRPSs.... The worst of all is that I seem spending more time turning the wrench on this thing than actually driving it. I've put less than 500 miles on this thing this year.

People that work on their own cars always drive them the least.
Welcome to the club!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list