• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What to do next?

tonydahose

Regular
May 7, 2004
hello everyone, i have been gone for a long time now, being mr. mom and all. well the kids are in school now and i want to mod my cobra:D. i just test drove a GT500 and was disappointed to say the least, i am guessing these things are tuned down from the factory. here is a thread i posted in that forum. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42537

so instead of spending a ton of money for a new GT500 and then having to spend more money to tune it i have decided to got the forced air route. i have a vert with sfc's, a 5.0 shifter, magnaflow X catted exhuast, pulleys, 4.30s and a sct tune which brought it up to 300 torque and hp at the wheels. i ran a 12.9 with a 1.755 60' on nittos.
so here are a few questions.

what do i need to build up in the motor so i dont blow it up? i am not looking to get a safe tune and hoping it doesnt blow. i just want to build it up and let me get as much out of the supercharger as possible.

will i have to change the gears back to a lower one or can i keep my 4.30s?

what do you think this will run me having it done at a shop?

what are some good shops to do it at? the tune and gears were done at sutton and i havent had a problem with the car at all (knock on wood:))

what do i need to do to the irs so that doesnt give out on me again? i blew a half shaft trying to get a lower time in the quarter.

thanks!

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
Get your shit done at Dean's Performance! Hans is a cool guy!!!!!
4.30s arnt horrible but the gears will go by pretty fast, and you might have to shift into fith at the 1/4 (so you may want to consider getting a gear change to like 373). as far as s/c goes do you want top end power? or power through pretty much the whole powerband?
eaton/twin screw=power from about 2000 up
centrifugal s/c= power only in the upper power band (as you build boost)

engine should be good up till 450 ish, anything over that you will need to start thinking about gettting some shit done to the engine

hello everyone, i have been gone for a long time now, being mr. mom and all. well the kids are in school now and i want to mod my cobra:D. i just test drove a GT500 and was disappointed to say the least, i am guessing these things are tuned down from the factory. here is a thread i posted in that forum. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42537

so instead of spending a ton of money for a new GT500 and then having to spend more money to tune it i have decided to got the forced air route. i have a vert with sfc's, a 5.0 shifter, magnaflow X catted exhuast, pulleys, 4.30s and a sct tune which brought it up to 300 torque and hp at the wheels. i ran a 12.9 with a 1.755 60' on nittos.
so here are a few questions.

what do i need to build up in the motor so i dont blow it up? i am not looking to get a safe tune and hoping it doesnt blow. i just want to build it up and let me get as much out of the supercharger as possible.

will i have to change the gears back to a lower one or can i keep my 4.30s?

what do you think this will run me having it done at a shop?

what are some good shops to do it at? the tune and gears were done at sutton and i havent had a problem with the car at all (knock on wood:))

what do i need to do to the irs so that doesnt give out on me again? i blew a half shaft trying to get a lower time in the quarter.

thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info