• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Think i hurt my motor

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
So I was at Byron this weekend and made 3 passes with my car.. 2nd and 3rd pass I blew off the vacuum hoses on the back of the blower.. Spoke with the tuning master and he said they are very important and could lean out the motor under boost.. So I just took a ride around the neighborhood and its drives fine but at idle its kinda rough now and the a/f ratio gauge is going kinda bonkers.. Any idea what I could have done?

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
im worried if it blew a vacuum line off that it wouldnt boost the FP like it suppose too.. pull a plug or 2 and check to make sure they look like they are all there and not collapsed.. THEN, WIRE TIE ALL YOUR VACUUM LINES!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah everything is wire tied now,plugs are changed and gapped at .30 also...
Hope your fellin better Bob.... I think I will be back at Byron Sunday so if you come into work monday and see my car there you know I broke it...lol

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Got the sensor.. Now I need a babysitter besides the dogs to watch the kids while I do the install...

Sensor's a 10 minute job. Put the kids in the car and tell them it's pretend ride time. they won't figure it out for a few minutes. Remember to void the fuel in the line or you will get sprayed when you take the sensor off.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
90 second install.
1 minute to get a beer.
1 minute to drink the beer.
20 seconds to think there's something you forgot.
40 seconds of swearing when you get sprayed in the face with gas.
3 minutes to clean up.
2 minutes to swap the sensor.
1 minute to get another beer.
1 minute to look at your motor and smile. :)

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
1 minute to get a beer.
1 minute to drink the beer.
20 seconds to think there's something you forgot.
40 seconds of swearing when you get sprayed in the face with gas.
3 minutes to clean up.
2 minutes to swap the sensor.
1 minute to get another beer.
1 minute to look at your motor and smile. :)

best install instructions ever! :lmao:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info