• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My 1995 GTS, (Good and Bad)

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
so I got my car back (Bad trans).....

The Good: The trans feel good, it shifts good and I do not feel any wierd problems.... I got my Cobra cluster in my car and it works perfect, looks great too...

The Bad: the steel drive shaft feels unbalanced at 70-80 MPH, so I either need to get it rebalanced or buy another aluminum unit.... also my Steeda Triax shifter was completely roached, so I need to get another one of those also, I am using a stock one for now.... My power steering unit is acting up worse than before.... not sure if it is a rack problem or a pump problem, it seems to work fine at speeds of 30 or higher, but any slower and it takes considerable effort to turn the wheel, it doesn;t seem to return properly and it is a bit notchy (not sure of a better way to explain it)...

so I am concidering ditching the power steering for a manual rack from Flaming river.... they are $310 plus shipping... I guess my biggest question is, should I go with a standard ratio of 20:1 or a quick ratio of 15:1.... the standard ratio will be easier to turn, but the quick ratio will give faster response... have you driven a manual rack mustang? can you tell me if they are difficult to turn????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info