• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2010 GT500 dyno run with whipple 3.4.

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
It was a 91 octane tune so who knows. Probably conservative. I think 675 at the wheels on my car would be badass especially if it was had with a very conservative tune.

yeah its no joke , but it just seems odd hes only making 40 more hp than me and actually less tourque and has alot more displacement and a helluva lot bigger blower.

must be very conservative cause i thought 725 was the average coming off the 2.8 kb cars

still a ton of power:headbang:

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
Here are the mods on the car from the youtube page...

Performance Mods include:

Whipple Supercharger & Throttle Body (18lbs Boost)
JLT CAI
Stock Exhaust
SCT Programmer with MMP Street Tune

haha you got to love the power you can have for a very minimal mods list

damn..blower intake and tune..high600s :lmao::lmao: add full exhaust and 5 more psi and we talkin then

i wish i had it that easy:headbang:

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
haha you got to love the power you can have for a very minimal mods list

damn..blower intake and tune..high600s :lmao::lmao: add full exhaust and 5 more psi and we talkin then

i wish i had it that easy:headbang:

The full exhaust hasn't been making huge differences on these cars, certainly not enough to justify the cost and work.

The tune......call Lund.

bj

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
The full exhaust hasn't been making huge differences on these cars, certainly not enough to justify the cost and work.

The tune......call Lund.

bj

I read that too in MMFF that long tube headers do almost nothing with the stock cams and heads. However with longer intake runners, then the headers really help the flow. There was an article about this and the stock GT500 motor gained like 7hp and 8tq on an engine dyno. NOT worth it, just like cams. Unless you are at the end of your power potential with an aftermarket blower then I would do them. But we are talking like 800rwhp before your would need to do cams or anything like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info