• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ET Street/Drag Wheel question. Backspacing?

theSVTkid

Regular
Apr 15, 2006
im shopping around for a pair of ET streets on weld's (or something of the like).
Alot of people talk about having to do some grinding with 15's (and a smaller backspacing, if im correct). Ive seen some pictures, and it doesnt really look all that safe.
The norm seems to be 26x11.5 ET streets...
Do alot of you run 16's or do some grinding with 15's?
Guess I just want some other opinions as far as an ideal/cheap rear wheel and size. Im on the IRS, btw.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
im shopping around for a pair of ET streets on weld's (or something of the like).
Alot of people talk about having to do some grinding with 15's (and a smaller backspacing, if im correct). Ive seen some pictures, and it doesnt really look all that safe.
The norm seems to be 26x11.5 ET streets...
Do alot of you run 16's or do some grinding with 15's?
Guess I just want some other opinions as far as an ideal/cheap rear wheel and size. Im on the IRS, btw.
The only alternative (new) out there that is both ideal and cheap are the Diamond Racing Wheels. Oh yea, they're also fairly ugly although not too bad in black (see Wiked03's car). I believe the backspacing is 6.5" and they're 16x10's and were designed to fit an IRS Cobra.

Would you expect me, a CSVTDRRRT (Chicago SVT Diamond Racing Rims Racing Team) member, to suggest something different? :lmao:

They're ugly, but they work:

byronlaunch.jpg

They're much better in black. Here's Carl (Wiked03) getting them both off the ground with black Diamonds on the back:

carl_wheelsup.jpg

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
:lmao:
i always wondered what that stood for.
those would work just fine...
How did you guys go about getting them? Is there a vendor or do you just call them directly? (And if so, did you just ask for the 'Joe Lynch special'?) What does a pair of them cost, roughly?
Call them direct. Yes they're the Joe Lynch Specials. I bought mine a long time ago, maybe $160 or so each (with their lugs, which you need).

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
The only alternative (new) out there that is both ideal and cheap are the Diamond Racing Wheels. Oh yea, they're also fairly ugly although not too bad in black (see Wiked03's car). I believe the backspacing is 6.5" and they're 16x10's and were designed to fit an IRS Cobra.

Would you expect me, a CSVTDRRRT (Chicago SVT Diamond Racing Rims Racing Team) member, to suggest something different? :lmao:

They're ugly, but they work:

byronlaunch.jpg

They're much better in black. Here's Carl (Wiked03) getting them both off the ground with black Diamonds on the back:

carl_wheelsup.jpg
Hey since I have the diamond racing wheels where do i submit my application for CSVTDRRRT?:clap:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info