Safe place to lift the motor with the trans still attached ???

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Im planning on putting my motor and trans into my car this weekend and wanted to do it in one shot. When I took them out I did them seperately and used an intake plate to get the engine out. Now I got one of those engine load levelers but wanted to make sure where I can bolt the tabs to in order to lift it no problem...

Will these empty holes in the heads be okay ??? Theyre 3/8-16 threads, and based on the shear strength of 3/8" grade 8 bolts, I think it should be fine, just wanted to see if the heads would be more than fine holding the weight...

blockpickup2.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yeah, the motor mounts are on there... had to buy new ones since the old ones looked pretty bad. A little too much dry rot on the rubber for my liking.

This thing has been insane, everytime I just want to put it back together and drive it something else comes up... I had to buy a new exhaust, new balancer, all new seals, etc... :mad:

The good thing is I hope itll be all together this weekend, and then I just have to find the time to get it tuned. Ive actually been emailing with Bob, so that should work out perfectly. :D

Oh, just thought of something else, do I need to resurface the flywheel, or should it be fine since its the same clutch and everything going back onto it ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FESTER665
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list