Going to be dumping the motor back into the car, had some ?'s

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Am I better off leaving the longtubes laying in the engine bay and attaching them afterward or should I put them onto the shortblock and toss it all in at once ???

Im planning on buying a load leveler so I can hopefully put it all back in along with the T5 at the same time. I pulled it using one of those intake plates, but it looks like itll be easier to put it all in as one piece...

Anyone have any other tips or tricks for me ??? Should the car be high off the ground ??? Back end higher or lower (I seem to read both theories) ??? Etc...

Im waiting on the rear main seal tool to get here before putting the flywheel and trans stuff back on, but am HOPING that I'll be able to toss it back into the car next weekend...

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
I say to have the long tubes on but loose (build in some flexability) and have the car on it's own wieght... it would really suck to hit the car with the motor and knock it off of jack stands... who knows all the stuff that you could tear up like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FESTER665
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list