Car door protectors?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Anyone ever used a door ding protector of any sort? I thought I wouldn't care if my car got dinged, but since I've been parking at the train station my car has really taken an unfortunate beating and I'm looking for a way to prevent that.

One guy in the lot has this cloth tube on his Trailblazer SS that runs the length of the front and rear doors with the rope running inside the car. I'm considering making my own similar device if there's nothing out there. Maybe I'll just leave a note or something on his car asking where he got the thing, and if it works.

Maybe I should just get some boat buoys to hang out the side, or whatever those bumpers are you use when you dock.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Damn, well in situations like that I always try to find(if possible) spots on the end or cars to park by that would be a better chance to not get dinged(I'm sure you probably already do this). Like, I'd park next to a Benz/BMW, cars of that sort because I'd hope that the owners would be a little more careful then say, a guy in a Civic or Cobalt.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've had really bad luck with this parking lot, and there is no respect for any vehicle from any owner, hence why I've given up on parking techniques and am looking for more forward ways of protecting my car.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anyone ever used a door ding protector of any sort? I thought I wouldn't care if my car got dinged, but since I've been parking at the train station my car has really taken an unfortunate beating and I'm looking for a way to prevent that.

One guy in the lot has this cloth tube on his Trailblazer SS that runs the length of the front and rear doors with the rope running inside the car. I'm considering making my own similar device if there's nothing out there. Maybe I'll just leave a note or something on his car asking where he got the thing, and if it works.

Maybe I should just get some boat buoys to hang out the side, or whatever those bumpers are you use when you dock.

i got bumpers for you... speaking of boat stuff you ever get that part figured out? if not pm me and ill make stuff happen...

what you need tho, if you are going to use a boating something, is this,

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro..._15&cname=Fenders&aID=25B&merchID=1009&r=view

that would actually work really well i think... hahha. little extreme for the job at hand, but would get the job done. the one pictured is bigger than the one priced...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i got bumpers for you... speaking of boat stuff you ever get that part figured out? if not pm me and ill make stuff happen...

what you need tho, if you are going to use a boating something, is this,

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro..._15&cname=Fenders&aID=25B&merchID=1009&r=view

that would actually work really well i think... hahha. little extreme for the job at hand, but would get the job done. the one pictured is bigger than the one priced...

Yes, actually two months later he finally sends me the part :rofl:

I'll snap some pics and send them your way. In fact, this Friday I'm going to be up at Volo Auto Museum for work so I may be able to drop by and pick the part up.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes, actually two months later he finally sends me the part :rofl:

I'll snap some pics and send them your way. In fact, this Friday I'm going to be up at Volo Auto Museum for work so I may be able to drop by and pick the part up.

im verrrry close to there, within 1/2 mile, so you better swing by. check out what i do.

ill be there 10-5.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Anyone you park next to and find that there is a bigger scratch or ding when you get back just do a simple note. Take your pen (keys) and a pad of paper (their hood or car door) and write this :WATCH WHEN YOU ARE OPENING YOUR FUCKING DOOR, ASSHOLE!!!!!

Then make sure to never park next to them again. side effects may vary, but after a couple times i wouldn't park in that lot.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
get the 3m stuff... have them clear wrap your car with the high end stuff.... it will handle a door hitting it.

only problem is it can be expensive to wrap the car.

talk to ktravers (kevin as im sure u know)

I don't think some clear tape is going to protect a door from being damaged by an 80 pound piece of metal. But if the stuff is that good, I'd consider it.

Damn, I sound really whiny in this thread.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Damn, I sound really whiny in this thread.
No, you don't at all. An automobile is probably the second biggest investment you will make in your lifetime besides a home - protect it like you would your home.

I am fussy about my car, whether it's some piece of shit pontiac, a slow ass impala, or even if it was my bicycles when i was younger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info