Impact Wrench Buyer's Guide?

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
I'm going to be doing some brake work on my daily driver (replacing hub assemblies, rotors, pads) and I need a basic impact wrench to make the job easier.

I want corded (no desire/need for an air compressor and batteries are a hassle) and just enough torque to handle taking apart brake components, lugs, etc. Want to keep the price down so I just need something capable- not overkill.

Before I waltz into Sears and let them sell me a piece of fecal matter I thought i would run it by here to get some guidance. If anyone has a suitable piece for sale let me know!

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Well, I have the air compressor and an IR gun, but I would tell you that you need something at least with min of 600 ft/lbs of tq. or have a large break bar.

I had issues with an alternator pulley with my craftsman cheapo that was free, but you get what you pay for. I think I paid around $200 for mine. I would also suggest looking at lowes, home depot, look for coupons, 20% off is mighty nice ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info