speaker upgrades

01Cobra3379

Jax is the man
May 16, 2006
so its been awhile since ive posted, but i had some questions about speakers. i've had my SLP loudmouth on for almost 2 years now and i've blown a few speakers on the 460 sounds system. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me a run down of what speaker sizes are where? I dont know how you all feel about the mach set up, but i've thought it was crap since i got the cobra. I was even thinking about adding a 10'' in the trunk, i want a little more bass, nothing crazy, but who knows. I picked up a '03 audi a4 avant a few months ago and its got a nice bose set up that kills the 460, and i would like to have something at least comparable in the cobra, let me know, thanks guys.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
so its been awhile since ive posted, but i had some questions about speakers. i've had my SLP loudmouth on for almost 2 years now and i've blown a few speakers on the 460 sounds system. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me a run down of what speaker sizes are where? I dont know how you all feel about the mach set up, but i've thought it was crap since i got the cobra. I was even thinking about adding a 10'' in the trunk, i want a little more bass, nothing crazy, but who knows. I picked up a '03 audi a4 avant a few months ago and its got a nice bose set up that kills the 460, and i would like to have something at least comparable in the cobra, let me know, thanks guys.

I dont think one 10" will do it for you. I have two Eclipse 10's in my trunk, and it still leaves a little bit to be desired. But it was the only size the perfectly fit the spec layout I had for the spare tire area. My junk is so loud that I ended up replacing all the stock speakers, and then adding an extra tweeter and 8" speaker in the front, under the glove box and under the steering wheel. pretty much any respectable aftermarket speaker will blow away the stock shit, so im sure you'd be happy with whatever.

go on crutchfield and enter your car info, it'll tell you all the exact sizes, and what size speakers you can replace them with. etc.

uofipilot

Regular
Jun 29, 2008
Do you guys really dislike the 460 that much? My stock 97 460 system is all I need I guess. I like the engine and exhaust noise a bit more than music. Is the 1000 and better?

To the OP, I don't know how much you really want to spend, but Pioneer seems to be a good middle of the road. My old man has a Ranger with the Tremor package, and all that Pioneer stuff sounds really good in the truck.

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Do you guys really dislike the 460 that much? My stock 97 460 system is all I need I guess. I like the engine and exhaust noise a bit more than music. Is the 1000 and better?

To the OP, I don't know how much you really want to spend, but Pioneer seems to be a good middle of the road. My old man has a Ranger with the Tremor package, and all that Pioneer stuff sounds really good in the truck.

Once you've had an aftermarket system, the 460 is nothing. I used to love it, but i replaced everything in my ranger and now i hate it.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I dont think one 10" will do it for you. I have two Eclipse 10's in my trunk, and it still leaves a little bit to be desired. But it was the only size the perfectly fit the spec layout I had for the spare tire area. My junk is so loud that I ended up replacing all the stock speakers, and then adding an extra tweeter and 8" speaker in the front, under the glove box and under the steering wheel. pretty much any respectable aftermarket speaker will blow away the stock shit, so im sure you'd be happy with whatever.

go on crutchfield and enter your car info, it'll tell you all the exact sizes, and what size speakers you can replace them with. etc.
I have a JL audio stealthbox in my Cobra vert and its deep and clean for one 10" sub.. Also have all JL interior speakers on a separate amp to help with clean mids and highs which helps.. Even with the top down the bass hits hard.

VIPERKILLER

ViperKiller Inc.Since '99
Apr 11, 2006
here is the setup i have now in the kick panels. dont mind the head unit, it was before I switched to a double din, after removing the boost controller from below the single din in the pic...
n48609021_31198495_1330.jpg

and the 2 10's

n48609021_31198492_231.jpg

and the rest.....

n48609021_31198490_9580.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info