Ivan just posted this on chitown. pretty cool i guess:

KA24DE-T said:
amsgtr_07.jpg

amsgtr_06.jpg

amsgtr_05.jpg

amsgtr_04.jpg

amsgtr_03.jpg

amsgtr_01.jpg

I am really looking forward to seeing how it responds to mods. 100% stock it put down 438 awhp on our dyno. Its a beast on the road course wet and dry. It rips in a straight line too. Cruising it around you feel like a rock star. I dont think I have ever seen so many people taking pics with camera phones in any other car.

KA24DE-T said:
AMS does not own the car. It is owned by Frank and Mike Lipani (father and son) who are great customers and good friends of the shop. We built a sick Evo for for them over the past couple years and they have now volunteered their GTR to AMS to develop parts for it.

They brought it out from New York two weeks ago and we did some baseline testing on the dyno and at Autobahn in the monsoon we recently had and then again in the dry last Wed and Thursday. They are finishing up the "break in" miles on the car and will get it back to the Nissan dealer for the mandatory 1000 mile checkup. It will be spending the winter at AMS as we test and develop products for it.

I am pretty excited. I got to spend an evening pimping the car around and it is one hell of a machine!

last one
KA24DE-T said:
I think that bone stock with ECU tuning only, 550 whp is possible. The car currently only runs 12 psi tops and is pig rich in the upper rpm range. With control over boost, throttles, timing, cam timing and AF ratio, you will see very large gains. We see over 50 whp on the Evo X just in tuning and boost and thats a 2.0L.

For sure: exhaust, catless mid pipes, intake tubes and IC piping. plausible: front mount.. possibly: turbo upgrade.

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
haha... I was going down 64 with it the other day. I was pissed as hell I wasn't in my fast car. Would have been a great time to destroy AMS's new skyline.

Yea, the owners have plenty of cash. When I saw them, the skyline was followed by a color-matched TBSS pulling a flat bed trailer.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I guess for the drag racers this car is gay, but for people that use it for what it's intended purpose, it's amazing. It looks pretty bad ass too, I'm just confused on why they made it so huge.... either way nice damn car.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Im curious as to what it intended purpose is? No going fast straight? If this is your argument then its a pretty shitty one. I enjoy drag racing and can respect a car that runs 11's right from the factory. But to make a blanket statement about how "drag racers" feel is a bit ignorant. It is a $70,000 dollar NISSAN. Give me a break. If it was a $50,000 dollar car it would still be High priced for a Nissan but a little easier to swallow. I thought the car was supposed to be an all around car which means it is supposed to do everything well? Which it in fact does. But still uninspiring.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
hell I contest to that. But in 1990 when the z-r1 first came out it too was 100k

:werd:

while these cars may have the performance of many if not most supercars, neither of these cars IMO will have the prestige (for lack of a better word) of a lambo or a ferrari...

sure when you pull up somewhere people are going to take notice to either ride, but at the end of the day, the dude that rolls up in the lp640 is going to be the talk of the country club instead of the chevy or nissan driver.

to car guys, these cars are attainable, feasible, and have the utmost performance one could desire in a stock car. to supercar buyers, they are merely the "srt's, svt's, or ss's" of the supercar world.do not get me wrong, because that is going to be the main buyer, but at the same time, these are going to be owned and driven by the guy who has the lambos and ferraris occuppying the same garage, and cherished and loved by the people who own the chevy or nissan as their main pride and joy.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info