NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
HERE YA GO FUEL
107247535.gif

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
how about a different radio?

Its not the radio, its the antenna, its one of those wire antennas, that gets routed under the headliner and sits in the windshield or back window. I think its just not getting good signal from inside the car. I need to look into getting a really good one.

But its only gonna get more pricey, this one cost $45. I dont care it was totally worth deleting my mast, I think its so ugly on the fender.........

Attachments

• Picture 699.jpg
    Picture 699.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 698.jpg
    Picture 698.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 35

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
get your self one of the those trucker antennas and mount it on the trunk lid lmao!!

take your antenna wire and groung it to the car. that way your whole car is the antenna........a thought but i would bet it would work for sure

Ok but what part would I ground to the car? There are only 2 wires, one is the coax that plugs into the back of the radio, and the other is a 12v wire that has have a 12v feed so the antenna turns on.

twn-trbo-svt

NEW GUY
Jan 23, 2009
Ok but what part would I ground to the car? There are only 2 wires, one is the coax that plugs into the back of the radio, and the other is a 12v wire that has have a 12v feed so the antenna turns on.
dont even mess with the 12v thing you have. use the factory coax.........plug it in the back of the radio...take the other end that went to the factory antenna and touch it to bare metal......do this with the radio on....should be staticy then when you touch the unhooked end to a bare metal spot see if the station gets clear....then you know that will work. did i confuse you?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
dont even mess with the 12v thing you have. use the factory coax.........plug it in the back of the radio...take the other end that went to the factory antenna and touch it to bare metal......do this with the radio on....should be staticy then when you touch the unhooked end to a bare metal spot see if the station gets clear....then you know that will work. did i confuse you?

No Im following you, Ill try it, it makes perfect sense. I was wondering why it only came w a 12v wire and no ground.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info