ABS Light...

SilverBullit

Regular
Apr 6, 2009
A while ago when I got my car tuned I had them turn off my traction control button so I didn't have to deal with it. Recently my ABS light came on, do you guys think there is any connection to the ABS light? I changed the front and rear pads and the brake fluid. I took out each sensor and cleaned them off. Just a thought I had, other than that it is probably just a bad sensor. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks :biggthump

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
abs and traction control are completely different. The computer doesnt control the ABS light, only the ABS controls it

yes and no... they are monitored by different modules, but use the same wheel speed sensors... I would double check the spacing on the wheel speed sensors since you mentioned that you removed them and re-installed them.

Blutooth

Oct 1, 2008
A while ago when I got my car tuned I had them turn off my traction control button so I didn't have to deal with it. Recently my ABS light came on, do you guys think there is any connection to the ABS light? I changed the front and rear pads and the brake fluid. I took out each sensor and cleaned them off. Just a thought I had, other than that it is probably just a bad sensor. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks :biggthump

Great Question, I have the same issue. My light turns on and off, then on.... I'll probably stop over at AutoZone and have them Run the code when the light is on, so I can find out exactly what the issue is.... Really Wierd!

SilverBullit

Regular
Apr 6, 2009
abs and traction control are completely different. The computer doesnt control the ABS light, only the ABS controls it
Ok, thanks. You think a bad wheel sensor?
Check your brake fluid level
I did, it's fine.
yes and no... they are monitored by different modules, but use the same wheel speed sensors... I would double check the spacing on the wheel speed sensors since you mentioned that you removed them and re-installed them.
What should the spacing be?
Great Question, I have the same issue. My light turns on and off, then on.... I'll probably stop over at AutoZone and have them Run the code when the light is on, so I can find out exactly what the issue is.... Really Wierd!
I had a diagnostic hooked up and it said troublehsoot #2 axle, didn't give a specific code...Let me know what AutoZone says if you go by there.

uofipilot

Regular
Jun 29, 2008
Might seem dumb, but to you have an HID kit? It causes my ABS light to go on if I turn the lights on after the engine is running. Kind of inconvenient/annoying, but I can't figure out how to correct it.

If not, I would bet on a bad sensor.

And I don't know for sure, but aren't the ABS codes manufacturer specific? What I'm getting at is I don't think the Autozone scan tool will be able to read the ABS code. IIRC, they can only pull CEL codes, and you'd have to have a dealer pull the ABS code.

SilverBullit

Regular
Apr 6, 2009
Might seem dumb, but to you have an HID kit? It causes my ABS light to go on if I turn the lights on after the engine is running. Kind of inconvenient/annoying, but I can't figure out how to correct it.

If not, I would bet on a bad sensor.

And I don't know for sure, but aren't the ABS codes manufacturer specific? What I'm getting at is I don't think the Autozone scan tool will be able to read the ABS code. IIRC, they can only pull CEL codes, and you'd have to have a dealer pull the ABS code.
I do have a HID kit but it was on before that... I'm betting on a bad sensor on the rear axle. I think I'm just going to go pick up 2 rear sensors and replce them and if that damn light isn't off then f*@# it haha it stops, thats good enough for me :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info