My car is ready for slicks!!!

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
We installed my new 31 spline diff/axles yesterday/today. Rear-end was getting real noisy and too hot to touch. The DR's must have started taking their toll. When we took out the carrier, the spider gears pretty much just fell out. Now I'm definitely ready for track day. But I will not be purchasing slicks this year because the season is almost over and I've spent way to much money on a Ford.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
race carz.

Think about it this way, if you buy slicks now, you probably wont spend a cent on the car till spring.

I always think that, but something always happens. This year is a perfect example.

re-built trans $1,700
new suspension $1,400
2 BFG's that wore out in two weeks $400
2 Nittos still on the car $400
Beefed up rear-end $1,200
Total -->$5,100

I had only planned on doing suspension this year. But the only good part is the only thing left in the drive-train to go bad would be my block. So the problems should be less each year.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I always think that, but something always happens. This year is a perfect example.

re-built trans $1,700
new suspension $1,400
2 BFG's that wore out in two weeks $400
2 Nittos still on the car $400
Beefed up rear-end $1,200
Total -->$5,100

I had only planned on doing suspension this year. But the only good part is the only thing left in the drive-train to go bad would be my block. So the problems should be less each year.

haha. hopefully.

put slicks on it. run it hard.

do it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info